SILVER WILLOWS CABINS RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By completing my booking, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement and acknowledge that the information I have provided in the booking system is accurate.
- GUEST INFORMATION: All guests must have a valid email address and phone number. This information may be used to contact you if there are issues with your booking and also to provide important updates and reminders prior to your stay.
- CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4:00 p.m. AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00 a.m.; NO early check-ins or late check-outs. This agreement does not create a tenancy or residence. Guests must depart at the appropriate time.
- This is a NON-SMOKING cabin. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Silver Willows property.
- PETS are not permitted in the cabin under any conditions.
- DAMAGE DEPOSIT: The security/damage deposit is $250. This deposit is fully refundable to your original method of payment, provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the cabin or its contents beyond normal wear and tear.
- Items furnished by the owners are left in the cabin, including books, DVDs, and games.
- Large pieces of furniture have not been moved from their original locations.
- All debris, rubbish, and discards are placed in the garbage cans provided, including BAGGED TRASH ONLY in the bear-proof garbage cans, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
- All windows and exterior doors in the cabin are locked prior to departure.
- No linens are lost, damaged, or stained.
- Excessive cleaning by our staff is not required.
- Excessive internet or long-distance phone usage charges have not been incurred.
- NO early check-in or late check-out.
- PAYMENT: An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental fee (including taxes) is required sixty (60) days before arrival in the case of nightly/weekly rentals, and ninety (90) days in the case of monthly rentals. The advance payment will be applied towards the rent. You will receive invoice reminders via e-mail from PayPal prior to the due dates. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. Full payment for the rental is due thirty (30) days prior to intended stay for nightly/weekly rentals, sixty (90) days prior to monthly rentals, at which point the fee is non-refundable.
Payments must be made using one of the following methods: credit card or PayPal. We do not accept personal checks.
- RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS: A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation of nightly/weekly rentals. Should a guest decide to cancel prior to thirty (30) days before the arrival date, the deposit minus a $150 administrative fee will be refunded within thirty (30) days. Cancellation notice must be received by phone or e-mail thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date. Partial cancellation or early departure within thirty (30) days of the check-in date does not warrant any refund of rent.
A ninety (90) day notice is required for cancellation of monthly rentals. Should a monthly guest decide to cancel prior to ninety (90) days before the arrival date, the deposit minus a $250 administrative fee will be refunded within thirty (30) days. Cancellation notice must be received by phone or e-mail ninety (90) days prior to the arrival date. Partial cancellation or early departure within ninety (90) days of the check-in date does not warrant any refund of rent.
- REFUNDS: No refunds will be given due to inclement weather or missing or malfunctioning equipment. If there is an equipment malfunction we will attempt to repair it as soon as possible. Under no circumstances will a refund be issued for early departure or no-shows.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests in the Sarva cabin is limited to nine (9) persons. An additional charge of $30 USD per person per night for guests in addition to six (6) will be assessed. The maximum number of guests in the Ursa cabin is limited to five (5) persons. An additional charge of $30 USD per person per night for guests in addition to four (4) will be assessed.
- THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE TO FOUR (3-4) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. If a rental is made for less than the minimum number of nights, the guest will be charged an additional $150 USD cleaning fee. Bookings in Spring, Summer, and Autumn require a three (3) night minimum stay; winter bookings require a four (4) night minimum stay.
- INCLUSIVE FEES: Rates include a one-time linen/towel set up. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
- NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPER SERVICE: While linens and bath towels are included, daily housekeeper service is not included in the rental rate. Do not remove towels or linens from the cabin.
- RATE CHANGES: Rates are subject to change without notice.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of payment, deposit, and rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
- SNOW: Snow is possible in the greater Yellowstone ecosystem. Guests are strongly advised to use an All-Wheel Drive vehicle to get to and from the property, especially during winter. Roads are occasionally plowed in winter, but the schedule is unpredictable.
- SNOWMOBILING: Snowmobilers are welcome at Silver Willows in winter, provided they remain respectful to our neighbors and the community. Please review the Snowmobiling Addendum at the end of these terms before booking.
- SWIMMING/WATER ACTIVITIES: Activity in or around Soda Butte Creek, which runs through the Silver Willows property, is done at guests’ own risk.
- WILDLIFE: Wildlife, including moose, elk, bison, wolves, foxes, and bears, is ever-present around the cabin. Guests should never approach a wild animal for any reason, nor leave food or rubbish outside the cabins at any time.
- LOST & FOUND: Silver Willows is not responsible for personal property left behind or lost by guests. If you determine that you have forgotten something please call us as soon as possible and we will attempt to locate the item. Any returned item will be delivered on a C.O.D. basis.
- Silver Willows is privately owned and has been furnished and decorated by the owners. Silver Willows is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while guests are on the premises. Guests ensure that if they choose to utilize the bunk bed (Sarva cabin) or loft area (Ursa cabin), both accessed by ladders, that they are fit and able to access these areas without difficulty and will use proper precautions when ascending and descending. By accepting this rental agreement it is agreed that all guests are responsible for their safety and security and will abide by the terms set forth in this agreement.
Silver Gate and Cooke City differ in many ways, even though only three miles separates the two communities. You may be told that Silver Gate is not snowmobile friendly. That is not true. There are a few residents that may try to tell you that snowmobiles are not allowed, but that is also not true, with exception to their own private properties.
Since there are no dedicated snowmobile trails, other than Monument Avenue and the Bannock Trail to Cooke City, most sledders don’t spend their days here in Silver Gate. Cooke City has access to all the mountains trails and is generally more accustomed to snowmobiles. Silver Gate attracts more of the cross country skiers, snow shoe enthusiasts and Yellowstone photographers. However, not all sledders want to deal with the noise and smoke during the evening hours in Cooke City. Many desire spending a quiet evening and their nights here in Silver Gate. We all welcome that!
As a rule, Silver Gate wants to remain as quiet as possible, and please keep in mind that here at Silver Willows, someone may be staying at the second cabin next to yours. That means quiet starts and warm-ups in the mornings. Please consider Silver Gate like a “No Wake” zone on a lake. Ride slow and quiet until you leave this residential area. The same should apply when returning here… slow and as quiet as you can. No revving the engines, high speeds or racing. If all those rules are followed, there won’t be problems with the neighbors that may be more sensitive to the noise created by a select few. Also, please remember that riding is not allowed on Highway 212 between Silver Gate and Cooke City. Always use the Bannock Trail to and from Cooke City.
- TRAVELING TO/FROM THE CABIN: When you depart Silver Willows on your snowmobile (and return), please only use the plowed driveway to reach Monument Avenue and the Bannock Trail. Do not cut through neighboring properties to reach the Bannock.
- DRAINAGE FIELD: Parallel to the driveway is an elevated drainage field on the neighboring property. Do not ride on this area, as it is fragile. Please see the attached map for the drainage field location.
TRAILERS: Silver Willows has plenty of trailer parking. However, the cabin is reached via a long (~125 yards) elevated driveway. The entry to the Sarva cabin is flanked by trees, making it more difficult to negotiate with longer trailers. We generally do not recommend trying to bring trailers longer than 24 feet back to this cabin. Guests at either cabin are welcome to use the additional parking spaces at the end of the driveway (between the two cabins). However, if you are staying at Sarva, please do not park trailers in front of the Ursa cabin or in a way that may block access to Ursa.